Monday 9 November 2009

St.David's Residents and Business Association AKA...

.....St.David's Neighbourhood Partnership (SDNP). Unfortunately, I was getting nowhere in attempts to implement changes within my community. Clearly, as an individual, I had insufficient 'clout' to make any significant improvements, so I decided to request the support of the then St.David's Residents and Business Association (SDRBA), believing that they could add some 'weight' to my cause. How wrong I was! Several requests for support, made to Hannah Reynolds, the Chair, were refused. However, she did condescend to, "Consider our community for affiliation if I formed a Community Association". Such generosity!

I must confess to a degree of naivety in community matters at this time and, due to pressures of work, I 'gave up' any hopes of making significant changes.

Several years later, by pure chance, it was my misfortune to become involved with Exeter Parks Watch (EPW) and the 'transformed/renamed/rebranded St.David's Neighbourhood Partnership. More specifically, Christine Fraser (SDNP Committee) and Susan Lawrence (Chair of EPW).



No comments:

Post a Comment