Sunday 3 January 2010

Greater Involvement With Social Housing Tenants - Deja Vu!

At about the same time that I organised the Express & Echo article I also approached the Chair of Exeter Housing Society's (now Cornerstone) Tenants Representative Committee to request a meeting to discuss any support that they may be able to offer. Frequent requests made, again over many months, to CF/SDNP/SL/EPW to arrange this meeting, were ignored.

As with the newspaper article, CF/SDNP/SL/EPW were supportive when I informed them that I had taken the initiative myself and organised a meeting with the Tenants Reps Committee. Once again, CF/SDNP/SL/EPW withdrew their support at the last minute and I was informed that, "Any views that I expressed at this meeting could only be from a personal point of view and were not endorsed by CF/SDNP/SL/EPW". Why not? You constantly bleat on about 'active community participation' but the reality is that, as always, you only want it on your terms, if at all. Thank you all very much for 'support', not.

No comments:

Post a Comment