Thursday 26 November 2009

The Promised Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) Check

Much of my work revolved around involvement with the youngsters of our community. Sadly, over a period of time this had raised questions, from a few residents, relating to my 'interest' in the kids. As an individual I am unable to apply for a CRB check myself.

Amid increasing concerns for my personal reputation I raised the CRB matter at an Exeter Parks Watch meeting and was reassured that, "it will be sorted out". Despite raising this same issue, several times over the following months, no action had been taken and I stated that I was reluctant to continue my involvement without the appropriate CRB check. Susan Lawrence said that she would deal with it through EPW and her connections with Devon & Cornwall Community Watch Association - she didn't. Christine Fraser said that she would organise it through SDNP - she didn't. Kelvin Lacey, SDNP and Governor of St.David's Primary School said that he would arrange it through the Primary School - he didn't. I even offered to pay any costs involved myself to any organisation that could resolve this matter so that they would not be out of pocket.
Promises of support made and subsequently ignored, again.
I eventually achieved satisfactory vetting from Devon & Cornwall Constabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment