Friday 27 November 2009

Statement Specifically Requested by Susan Lawrence for Inclusion in EPW Meeting Minutes Part1

Below is copied some of my original statement,specifically requested by Susan Lawrence for the inclusion in the Minutes of an EPW meeting. Parts of this statement have been excluded from this message but will be included at a later date and in greater detail.

Final paragraph from my original statement presented at the Looe Road Parks Watch meeting 08/02/08.
"This is not a ‘witch-hunt’, and it is never my intention to ‘step-on toes’, but this is perhaps a good opportunity to review procedures so that initiatives can move forward more smoothly. Because of the infrequency of meetings and reluctance of the Chair to delegate anything other than minor responsibilities I am concerned that future opportunities for support/funding may be missed".

Firstly, I would like to apologise to all those present at the meeting for my angry response directed mainly at Christine Fraser. This was not without provocation from Christine, who chose to direct a personal verbal attack against myself and my motives for involvement in our local community. Yes, I am passionate about this work but I resent her comment that I am a "martyr to it". Since this disagreement Christine no longer keeps me informed of any information that relates to what is, or isn't, occurring in our community. Clearly Christine and Susan have taken the original statement very personally and responded or, more to the point, not responded, as she (they) see fit. I draw your attention to the first paragraph of this statement.

Some of the other issues raised in my original statement are dealt with below; others will be published elsewhere on this Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment